This past week we have asked our Instagram followers to tell us more about why they are thankful to grow up involved in showing and raising livestock. At Sure Champ, we are humbled to communicate openly and be involved with such a tremendous group of youth. Check out their answers below, what are you thankful for?
– My first show pig. She taught me how to love an animal but still realize and understand the sacrifice and the true purpose of livestock. She taught me compassion and she showed me true unconditional love.
– All my lambs. They have all taken me through different obstacles in life. Some have succeeded and others may not have, but the most important thing is learning how to be successful in life and meeting new people. My 2 lambs that have impacted me the most this year is.
– I’ve made the best stock show friends, I wouldn’t even call it friendship it like sister and brother.
– I’m thankful for my big brother as a mentor, Will Alexander at WAC Show Cattle!
– My amazing coach/teacher that I’ve learned so much from… Mick Clark. I can’t thank him enough for all of the help and support I’ve gotten from him so far! Can’t wait for the memories that have yet to come!
– I have so many mentors! Through my first JNHE, my assigned mentor was Kirbie Day. She became my big sister and taught me most of what I know about showmanship, and helped me follow in her footsteps to become the National Hereford Queen! With Kirbie came the Kelley family and the Rainbow Cattle Service crew, all of whom have always been outstanding role models and mentors!